Influences

Recognition should be given to all those who have gone before; family members, friends, and others that may have influenced me in their own quiet way.

Special recogition should go to my father Kenneth (Kenny to all who knew him) and my grandfathers Selby and Chester (Jake), both born in the 1890s. All of these gentlemen influenced me in their own way...with time fishing, hunting, trapping, or just time spent togeher.....







Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

Have you ever eaten fried green tomatoes? It seems we had them somewhat regularly when growing up.

A couple of weeks ago, I picked most of our tomatoes, including the green ones. I sliced and fried the green tomatoes and was disappointed in the results and taste. A day or two later, I was on the phone with my cousin Ronnie. He stated that he was frying tomatoes as we spoke, He suggested dipping them heavily in flour. Later I tried again with a heavy coating of flour......and they were much better.....but still did not seem as good as the ones Mom used to fry for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment