Influences

Recognition should be given to all those who have gone before; family members, friends, and others that may have influenced me in their own quiet way.

Special recogition should go to my father Kenneth (Kenny to all who knew him) and my grandfathers Selby and Chester (Jake), both born in the 1890s. All of these gentlemen influenced me in their own way...with time fishing, hunting, trapping, or just time spent togeher.....







Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snowy hike

We have had a quite warm winter, until just recently when we got our first real snow cover. I took advantage of that to get out for a bit. I headed out to an area that is actually all within the city limits, but quite isolated, with a small stream running through it.

It was about 17 degrees when I started, with a morning frost covering most of the plants.




I walked along to the creek bottom and down to the creek. It is not very large, possiby about 30 feet across at the wider points.

I came across this beaver dam. I am not sure how long it has been there, but I waded this stream fishing last summer and it was not there then.


There was lots of obvious beaver sign along the stream.

Looking upstream from the dam.

An old abandoned railroad bridge.


I spotted this guy watching me as I walked through the woods. I got as close as I could and zoomed in for a tighter shot.


An interesting area along the stream. The water here, was flowing quite rapidly over rocks and ice has formed on the rocks, creating somewhat of a dam. The weather is supposed to be above freezing tomorrow, so this phenomenom will likely disappear.

As always..............thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment