Influences

Recognition should be given to all those who have gone before; family members, friends, and others that may have influenced me in their own quiet way.

Special recogition should go to my father Kenneth (Kenny to all who knew him) and my grandfathers Selby and Chester (Jake), both born in the 1890s. All of these gentlemen influenced me in their own way...with time fishing, hunting, trapping, or just time spent togeher.....







Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mid September Early Morning

I was able again to get out for an early morning hike. This time of year, you can expect to get wet, with the heavy dew on the plants. I suppose that could be avoided by staying on the trails, but I find it much more enjoyable to get off the trails and explore.

Dew still hanging heavy on the plants. The sun was just about to come up over the treeline in the background.

Spider's web looking toward the east...also heavy with dew.

At a bend in the river looking downstream. The river makes a sharp turn here and has created a nice deep hole of water. The river is quite low now, but earlier in the year there is a nice fast section of water coming down to the bend that is fun to take a canoe through.



A nice pond tucked away in the woods.

The strip mine lake that I have mentioned in a couple of past posts. I love that early morning haze and wish I was better able to catch it in my pictures.
After hiking a few miles up and down hills and crossing streams......I was tired; so stopped here....had a cup of coffee from a small thermos....put my pack down for a pillow........layed back....closed my eyes and just rested a bit.

Shiloh found this to be very unusual and kept coming back to investigate.


Interesting Hackberry tree that is growing up through a set of old bed springs.


A ripe Paw Paw. I took this home and shared it with one of my grand daughters. She liked it and kept asking for more. It had a nice sweet flavor.

By now the sun was up. Crossing through an open lowland area; the butterflies and bees were busy on the various flowering plants.






At this point, it was about 9:30 A.M. and time to head in from a very tiring but fun hike.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog. Thanks for taking me on some nice walks.

    Mark in CA

    ReplyDelete